Edible Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Oil Seed Insights for January 23, 2017
Palm Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Pulses Insights for January 23, 2017
Sugar Insights for January 23, 2017
- Pulses prices witnessed a negative trend in the major spot markets across the county during today's trade.
- At the Kanpur spot market Tur prices witnessed sluggish trend, while it traded firm in the Latur spot market.
- Chana and Moong prices witnessed a firm trend in Latur spot market, while Urad witnessed downtrend during today's trade.
- New Chana arrivals had began at Rajkot market of Gujarat. New Chana katewala variety traded at Rs 7,500-8,000/100Kg and bolt variety traded for Rs 6,500-7,000 during today's trade.
- At the Solapur spot market new Tur and Chana prices slipped during today's trade.
- Pulses acreage of India in the current Rabi season reached148.11 lakh hectares as on December 30, 2016 while the acreage was at 131.12 lakh hectares during the same period previous year.
- Planting increased largely in gram (Chana), lentil (Masoor), field pea (Lobia), Urad bean and Moong bean pulses.
- India's rabi acreage increased by 7% in the year till December 30 and reached 545.46 lakh hectares.
- Rabi planting of India is expected to continue till January end and the government has set a rabi season crop planting target of 638.37 lakh hectares.
- India is targeting 20.75 million tonnes of Pulses production this year on account of good monsoon of which 13.5 million tonnes is expected from the ensuing rabi season while 8.7 million tonnes is estimated to have been harvested in the just-completed kharif season.