Edible Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Oil Seed Insights for January 23, 2017
Palm Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Sugar Insights for January 23, 2017
Spices Insights for January 23, 2017
- Pulses complex traded with more of negative sentiments in the major spot markets of the country during today’s trade.
- Chana prices traded down for the second straight day at Kolkata spot market during today’s trade.
- At the Akola spot market, new and old Tur extended losses during today’s trade. Urad, Chana and white Pea also witnessed falls at the Mumbai spot market.
- Dull buying was seen in new Tur complex in Indore spot market, while demand for Urad and Matar also remained sluggish in Kanpur spot market.
- Demand is lower from buyers in the Pulses complex affecting the prices at current levels.
- Tur and Moong production estimate has been raised by the Karnataka agriculture department in second advance estimates for 2016-17, while cuts production estimate for Chana and cotton.
- Tur production in the state likely to get tripled at 7.32 lakh tonnes against 2.42 lakh tonnes in 2015-16 and moong crop estimate is at 1.02 lakh tonnes versus 0.40 lakh tonnes previous year.
- Chana production in the state is expected at 3.90 lakh tonnes compared with 5.52 lakh tonnes a year ago period, as per the advanced estimates.
- India’s pulses acreage reached 157.68 lakh hectares as on January 13, 2017 in the ongoing rabi season.
- Rabi crop sowing in the country as on January 13, 2017 stood at 628.34 lakh hectares as compared to 592.36 lakh hectare same period a year ago, according to agriculture department.